InfoBritain

Custom Search

 

Royal Opera Arcade, London

The Royal Opera Arcade, designed by John Nash and completed in 1818, is Britain's original covered shopping arcade. It was built behind Haymarket Opera House, now the site of Her Majesty's Theatre, where the Phantom of the Opera has been playing for many years. Royal Opera Arcade is a peaceful place in the heart of London, with shops specialising in luxury items, and goods related to country living.

John Nash, favourite architect of George IV, was the designer of other famous Georgian buildings, such as the Royal Pavilion in Brighton.

Directions: Royal Opera Arcade can be entered from Haymarket or from Pall Mall. The closest Underground station is Piccadilly. Click here for an interactive map centred on the Royal Opera Arcade.

 Share

 

 

 

 

©2006-2009 InfoBritain